Russell and Dawson Inc., a mid-sized architectural and engineering firm located in East Hartford CT, is seeking qualified structural engineer to support design projects for new construction, additions, alterations, and code compliance.
Job Reference:- #20201204
- 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
- Telecommuting permitted.
- Meet with potential clients to introduce the firm and to discuss structural projects being considered.
- Consult with clients to determine scope of work and budget.
- Review scope of work and prepare proposals and support marketing and business development efforts.
- Perform site visit to inspect existing structures and evaluate structural integrity using FEM structural software Tekla and other structural analysis software.
- Perform structural design, analysis, and calculations for steel, wood, masonry, light gauge and concrete buildings using MS office suite and FEM structural software (i.e., Tekla, STAAD.Pro, RISA).
- Perform structural repair design for damaged or deteriorated buildings.
- Review structural design and calculations package prepared by structural design engineers.
- Ensure code compliance of applicable codes, construction type.
- Perform structural connection design, structural detail design and develop structural shop drawings.
- Develop complete construction contract drawing packages with the assistance of structural design engineers.
- Develop complete structural repair drawing package and repair specifications. Develop complete structural design and calculation package.
- Perform coordination reviews with other disciplines to ensure structural plans are coordinated with architectural, mechanical, and plumbing plans, etc.
- Prepare specifications for structural drawings in CSI Divisions 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- Prepare quantity takeoffs and develop construction cost estimates.
- Perform construction inspection, ensuring that the construction meets the design intent and write report.
- Provide guidance to structural design engineers.
- Monitor project budget and schedule to ensure work is performed in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule.
- Respond to requests for information (RFI) from client, contractors, building inspectors and review shop drawings.
- Perform project close-out involving the preparation of structural punch list and certifying substantial completion of project. Manage multiple projects.
- Will supervise at least 2 design engineers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Applicant must have a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Must have 2 years of experience in the job offered or related occupation in an engineering firm performing structural design for building projects including generating 3D models and preparing structural drawings for wood, steel, and concrete structures.
- Must have 2 years of experience utilizing industry standard software and related tools including Revit, AutoCAD, and FEM structural design software (i.e., Tekla, STAAD.Pro, RISA) and MS Office.
- Experience in concrete repair projects also required.
- Must have a valid Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of Connecticut.
- Must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.