Russell and Dawson Inc. is one of the longest-serving Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) firm in the history of Connecticut. Our engineers endeavor to explore new challenges and resolve them. Our firm has won accolades in providing complete Structural Engineering Services; Mechanical Engineering Services, Electrical Engineering Services, Plumbing Engineering Services, Fire Protection, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC); and Commissioning Services for various verticals and markets.
We engineer Our Client’s confidence in building functionality.
Our work has led us to acquire requisite experience in the AEC industry and we thrive to achieve optimum balance between the demands of form, function and finesse; whilst considering sustainability, feasibility, schedule and budget. We concentrate on understanding Our Clients’ needs and budget to work diligently on providing engineering services that is energy efficient, cost effective, reliable, safe, environmental friendly, easily operational and easily maintainable.
Mechanical Engineering Services
We determine the comfort and effectiveness of operations through our MEP engineering services.
Our MEP engineers are trained on the latest design tools such as AutoDesk, Revit, ArchiCAD as well as BIM tools. From study to design, initial phasing to construction, our mechanical engineers are determined to deliver a solution that integrates energy efficiency with indoor environment quality and thermal comfort through practical solutions. We are proficiently cognizant with various industry standard codes such as International Plumbing Code, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, National Fire Protection Association, International Energy Conservation Code and possess the ability to adhere with industry specific drafting standards that ensures optimum solutions for Our Clients and assures code-compliant efficient deliveries of all MEP projects.
Mechanical Engineering Services:
- Boiler and heating plants
- Mechanical room plan
- Mechanical roof plan and opening
- Chilled and condenser water plants
- Control air compressor
- Heat recovery systems
- Ceiling diffusers and grills
- Refrigeration systems
- Beam/duct clearances
- Computer room air conditioning systems
- Ventilation CFM’s for smoke evacuation
- Humidification systems
- Make-up air for boilers, water heaters and kitchen exhaust hood
- Sound attenuation
- VAV zone unification
- Kitchen equipment connection
- Sloping hood exhaust ducts
- EMCV and EMS plans
- Duct lining
- Cooling systems
Electrical Engineering Services
- Uninterruptible building power system
- Switch boards
- Medium and high voltage building service and distribution
- Cable trays
- Motor control centers and emergency generators
- Power for architectural, mechanical and plumbing equipment
- Electrical power plants
- Light Fixtures – Wall mounted lights, chain mounted lights etc.
- Floor mounted receptacles
- Automated controls
- Telephone conduit
- Light pole footing
- Power for irrigation controllers
- Exterior light fixtures
- Lights in fountain and pool
- Lights in mechanical enclosures and air handlers
Plumbing Engineering Services
- Pool filtration equipment
- Sanitary distribution systems
- Plumbing fixture and lines
- Roof drains and slab drainage
- Plumbing utility plan
- Plumbing riser
- Water pressure systems
- Floor drains, floor sinks and sump pit
- Water conservation
- Site sump pumps
- Make up water line with backflow device for coding tower
- Ground site valves and backflow preventers
- Hot water system
- Trap prime for floor drains and floor sinks
Structural Engineering Services
Structural engineering is as much an art as it is a science.
Our team of expert structural engineers’ design, analyze, plan, inspect, and research structural components and systems of all types. This involves technical, fiscal, and environmental considerations coupled with the philosophy that our best work is yet to be seen. With relevant experience and expertise, our structural engineering design team prides in delivering sound structural designs. We empower Our Clients to envision the project structure by ascertaining the shift between the design and detailed models and generating a synchronized model-based designs for the project.
Our structural engineers in Connecticut work in tandem with architects, building owners and contractors to design and provide elegant solutions for all types, sizes and levels of complexity of projects. In order to address detailed requirements, we curate the best team of specialist for every project and we are motivated to collaborate and cooperate with third party specialists to yield higher outcomes for Our Clients.
- Foundation for Pre-Engineered Steel Buildings
- Column grids
- Floor and footing elevations
- Elevator machine room slab and pit elevations
- Raised and depressed slabs
- Roof elevation and slopes
- Stepped footings
- Foundation beams
- Geotechnical compliances
- Foundation for offset conditions
- Construction joint and control joint layout
- Concrete column encasements
- Structural steel reinforced concrete interfaces
- Beam Services
- Slab openings
- Special structural details – x-bracing, beam bracing, outriggers etc.
- Site retaining walls
- Excavation systems